To our Prospect Farm community:
In light of new guidelines to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak, we will be following these protocols for activities at Prospect Farm:
- The Farm remains open for members to do essential work. We strongly recommend that no more than two and at the most three members be present at any one time.
- Compost collection will continue on Saturday between 11 and 12 with one person only processing the compost. Buckets will be put on the strip for community members to deposit their food scraps.
- All recommendations as to social distance and cleaning of surfaces are to be followed. Members can bring their own gloves or take a pair home for washing after use. Another suggestion is to keep your gloves in a plastic bag in the shed with your name on it. Wear gloves at all times to handle the locks and tools. Bring sanitary wipes if you have them.
- Members are encouraged to do solo gardening during the week. You can sign up for a slot (Phil is working on a way to do this) or simply come to work. Tasks will be posted on the white board in the shed. The planting schedule and map will also be posted in the shed.
- Keep us informed by writing in the log book (maybe you want to bring your own pen) or by posting an email as to what tasks you have done.