Who Eats the Food Grown on Prospect Farm?
- Members will harvest ripe vegetables 2 days a week on Wednesday evenings 7 – 9 pm and Saturday morning 11 am – 1 pm
- Harvested vegetables will be weighed and recorded for our own records and to be shared with Farming Concrete
– 80% of harvested vegetables will be divided among present members who have been completing one hour of service a week.
- 20% of harvested vegetables will be divided among our business sponsors (Brancaccio’s Food Shop, Brooklyn Commune, and Crossroads Cafe) and managed by Tom Angotti
- Plot managers and members should sign up for Wednesday or Saturday harvest days for an even split.
- One hour of weekly service includes:
a) Plot managing one shift a week, and or signing up to be a harvest manager.
b) Attending a volunteer day (planting, clearing, sifting, digging, etc.) and accumulating more than one hour at a time, and reporting by email your hours.
c) Compost monitoring. Please email Jay Smith: jsmithlistens at gmail dot com
c) Or sign up for a special projects or an administration job which involve off site research and organization and reporting your hours by email. If you wish to sign up we are currently seeking: writers, videographers, photographers to post to our blog; rainwater harvesting system planning and installation; 3-bin compost system planning and building. Please email prospectfarmbk at gmail dot com to sign up for these activities
- If you have gone more than 2 weeks without reporting hours you may not collect vegetables.